Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Why Am I Here?

 

Why Am I Here?

From the moment I drove onto the High Point University campus, I knew I was exactly where I needed to be for the next four years of my life. I just had an inner voice telling me that HPU is the place where I could get a college education like no other and where I could pursue my dream of becoming a news anchor. the communication department here at High Point University will provide me with the skills I need when I am ready to step out into the professional world of journalism as a reporter. from the amazing faculty members, I have gotten to know and the helpful peers in my classes, I know I am on the right path to succeed as a journalist. It is my personal nature to strive for success and to challenge myself to my skill set the best. I am thrilled to be at High Point University receiving an extraordinary education as I prepare for my future occupation in journalism.



 

One reason I chose Journalism 1300 is to gain knowledge about the history of journalism and to further challenge myself as a writer. As the First Amendment states our United States Constitution clearly states every citizen is given the right of freedom of speech. In today's day and age, journalists constantly must fight this battle for our voices to be heard. As an aspiring news anchor, I feel deeply passionate about practicing the basic rights that journalists are given so that we can write freely without judgment or pressure from the government. In this class, I would love to have the opportunity to deepen my understanding of our rights to tell American citizens the truth. With the desire in my heart, I want to gain knowledge about journalism and journalists so that my generation will be able to change the world positively even if it is just one word at a time.  

 

I have always been actively involved in musical theater and performing on stage in front of an audience. I love to write because it allows me to express my emotions on a page. With my love of writing and performing, I knew I had a dream in mind of becoming a broadcast journalist. Ever since I was a little girl, I enjoyed watching the news and I knew that it was for me. It would be a perfect balance of public speaking and creative writing. Also, recently the way that modern journalism is portrayed and how it is portrayed by using misleading information to promote one political standpoint and negatively against the other.  This was an inspiring moment as a young adult in which I wanted to become a news anchor to give the audience the factual information they needed to form their own opinions on any subject matter. Once I graduate, I intend to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a news anchor and to help return journalistic integrity by sharing factual stories to the people.  






In the future, I see myself as a trustworthy news anchor reporting honest information to my intended audience. My main goal is to be a positive influence and a role model for people to look up to as a journalist. By understanding my role as an American citizen and a reporter I will be able to share current news and provide updates on current issues. I hope that what I do professionally will make a difference and that I can influence people for the better of our world. I am looking forward to my journey of becoming a news anchor in this great nation of the United States of America.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

            Will Newspapers Become Extinct?  When was the last time you held a newspaper? Last week? Last year? Newspapers revolutionized th...